bodies were aching when we woke up today.
The extreme weather was already taking a toll on us. Our bodies were not prepared for this kind of
weather. Daily temperature in Manila was
sizzling 36C. It was so hot that we took
a bath 2-3 times a day and used our air conditioners all day! On the other hand, the temperature in London is the opposite. London was experiencing temperatures of just
9C. The weather was very damp and
windy. Imagine the contrast of that. We’re lucky we didn’t get anything serious
|My fake smile at Goodge Street Station|
|"Look up young man, look up"|
|The two sisters with Ben|
|The Palace of Westminster along the mighty River Thames|
|Happy kid right here|
|The London Eye|
|A street performer on Westminster Bridge|
|Have you been inside a real castle?|
|The Queen's House is a survivor of the Great Fire|
|Don't let the Bearskin fool you. Queen's guards are full operational soldiers.|
|The White Castle|
|The queue to the Jewel House|
|Every woman's dream|
|The world famous Oxford Street|
|This place is always full of life|
|Hallelujah! The sun finally showed up!|
|I'll never take you for granted ever again|
Want more? London Day 4 is shopping day!
- Take a free tour inside Big Ben. Due to high demand, clock tour tours must be scheduled far in advance. http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/visiting-and-tours/ukvisitors/bigben/
- Directions to the Palace of Westminster.
- Take a peek inside UK’s parliament.
- Big Ben strikes on the hour and four smaller bells strike every quarter hour. Experiencing it is a must when in London.
- The Elizabeth tower is popularly known as Big Ben.
- Taking a cruise on the River Thames is another way to see the city. Join CityCruises for they provide free on board commentary solely based on tips. Open top bus tours usually come with complimentary cruise tickets.
- Take advantage of Days Out Guide’s 2for1 or 4for2 promos. It’s legit.
- Visit Greenwich. Do not miss the location of the Prime Meridian. GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. Plus, it’s a world heritage site.
- Go to the Tower of London as early as possible like what we did to avoid the crowd. Remember, it’s the most visited site in London. A lot a whole day for it.
- One of the free attractions of Tower of London besides the creative re-enactments held at various sites, is the free Yeoman Warder (AKA ‘Beafeaters’) guided tours. Do not dare miss this. It’s very informative and entertaining at the same time.
- The Tower of London keeps 7 ravens as captives. Legend has it that if the Tower of London ravens are lost or fly away, the Crown will fall and Britain with it.
- The Tower Bridge is not the London Bridge!
- Witness the Tower Bridge lift up.
- Shop at Oxford Street even just for experience.
- Take advantage of the Barclays Cycle Hire and get around the city on a “Boris bike” while listening to Inner Circle’s hit song.