Today we were supposed to join City Free Tour’s Montmartre walk
at 10:30 am.
Sadly, we woke up late again and missed the tour. With nowhere else to go, we just went to the Cathedral of Notre Dame since it’s just a short stroll from our hotel. According to our tour guide yesterday, Notre Dame was almost demolished during the olden times. The Parisians have abandoned and forgotten about the cathedral. Thanks to Victor Hugo’s novel, Notre Dame de Paris (Hunchback of Notre Dame), interest grew in restoring it again and saving it from destruction. Thank God for that.
|Where to eat?|
| The beautiful metro station of Cité|
|Stained glass dome of Galeries Lafayette|
|Believe it or not, this is a department store|
|Palais Garnier from the rooftop of Galeries Lafayette|
|Feel free to use this as your desktop background|
|Tourists being tourists|
|The two funny Filipinas we met in Paris|
|Excited for the cruise|
|Here we go|
|The Eiffel Tower from the river!|
|Look at her glowing|
|Take a closer look|
1. When you’re traveling be as flexible as possible. Don’t be a prisoner of your itinerary. If you missed an attraction in your list, don’t worry there’s always a next time.
2. Read about the history of Notre Dame first or join a tour to appreciate the cathedral.
3. Notre Dame Cathedral: website, free night shows (video), free tour, opening hours, directions, and tickets at the top.
4. Attend a holy mass.
5. Check out the park at the back of Notre Dame.
6. Go at the top of the cathedral and see what the gargoyles can see.
7. Galeries Lafayette: website, and location, directions and mall hours.
8. There is a free fashion show held in Galeries Lafayette every Friday.
9. Shop early in Galeries Lafayette to avoid the crowds. It gets chaotic in the afternoon when the Chinese bus tours arrive. If you’re on a budget and would just like to window shop, trust me you don’t want to compete for the salesladies’ attention with the Chinese who buy luxury items in bulk.
10. Join a river cruise:
What we joined: Vedettes Pont Neuf
Other boat companies you should check out: Bateaux Mouches, Bateaux Parisiens and Batobus (transportation).
11. Sunset is the best time for a river cruise.